Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Local food

I played chauffer for a while for Janey. I actually had her drive so she could start to find stuff in town. We went to the GRI (Where I will be working soon) for her Journal Club class. Then we went to Gold Star Chili and had chili cheese fri's and 3 Coney's between the 2 of us. Chili in Cincy is odd. More like a meaty spagetti sauce. That impression is not helped by the fact that they serve chili here in "ways". 2-way chili is Chili over spagetti, 3-way adds grated cheese to the top, 4-way adds chopped onions to the top of that, and 5-way chili adds beans to that. I think that my favorite is 3-way. I'm not so much into chopped raw white onions.

Observations for the day. While the freeways are less crowded, I feel that they are much much more dangerous. Part of the problem is that big-rigs have no lane restrictions. They can be found in any lane. They seem to be in the middle lane by default. Then never go right unless they are exiting the freeway, and usually go left with little or no signal at all, and will stay there long after they pass people. I never thought I would say this, but I miss California drivers.

1 comment:

Jen said...

California!!!!!