Sunday, January 09, 2005

Whistling in the dark...

Somedays I will sit at my desk at work and I will suddenly start to whistle. It will be a real song, but somedays I won't know the words or where it came from. It's just a bit of a tune in my head.

A couple of days ago, I had this wonderful song pop up and I had to whistle it, but it took me about 4 hours to remember where it came from. It was the main theme from the movie "The Last Emperor". Then today, I was whistling the song from the wedding scene in the end of "The Muppets Take Manhattan".

Pop quiz. Does anybody remember the names of the 2 old guys that sit in the balcony in the Muppet Show that make fun of all the other characters? I remember it, but then again, I am a total movie and TV show nerd. They even refer to each other by their proper names when riding in a horse drawn carriage in the Central Park scene in Muppets take Manhattan. Here's a hint. One is named the same as a pen company, and the other is named the same as a salad.

Comments with your guesses will be expected.

3 comments:

nycderf said...

tossed and bic

23r0 1m@g1n@t10n said...

Not so much....

nycderf said...

statler and waldorf...took me a while to find on the net. see that movie kids, you know the messed one with the ugly kid nailing all the virgins. anyways i think that's a good movie to show kids as they hit puberty to show them to scare the shit out of them into not doing something stupid. stick your dong in the wrong hole and watch it fall off. the movie's good reason to keep kids busy and with money so they don't hang out with the wrong mo fo's.

you know what i'll reblog this message.