Monday, October 18, 2004

Now I remember....

I am a food snob! i can't belive the lack of certain foods at most grocery stores. Thank goodness we found Jungle Jim's. I was talking with one of Janey's classmates and she had never heard of eating raw tuna. "Isn't the tuna in a can raw?" I'm not making fun, just showing some of the cultural differences between western Iowa and the California Bay Area. I am also a beer and wine snob. The big bilboards around here for wine are advertizing 0.9g of carbs. Not great taste, not fermented naturally, but 0.9g of carbs. Somehow that doesn't inspire confidence. You know how you can walk into a Safeway in California and pick up any number of around 20-30 microbrews? You can't do that here. I like to look for local microbrews anywhere I go, but all the local ones around here are fizzy yellow beers. I don't drink fizzy yellow beers

Anyway, I have recognized that I am a snob. At least about food/wine/beer.

No comments: