Monday, November 29, 2004

Over 2 rivers and through lots of snow...

...to grandmother's (& Grandpa's) house we went. Janey got to experience her first mid-western snow storm. I discovered how well her little pickup works in the snow (very well, but would do better with about 100lbs extra in the bed. Gonna have to get a couple of bags of sand before winter really hits) and we found tha even with a couple of hours of 30mph driving (near white-out conditions in Illinois due to the snowstorm) we can make Omaha in 12 hours or less. I'll post more about Thanksgiving later. I'm using these posts to try out e-mail posting along with a delayed outbox from my new handheld.

1 comment:

g0tpnay said...

hey peter! glad u guys made it there ok. its getting cold here as well.. tho no snow here in u.c. how's it in uc u ask? hehe.. just cold air n sun...
hmmm.. hoping to go snowboarding tho maybe in a couple weeks. i could already see myself falling on my arse 20 or so times.
anyways, i wanted to ask.. knowing that we both have the same ice cream maker n same recipe for sweet cream base... how do u make soft n creamy ice cream. i'm still learning, but can't quite get it to that right texture..i was gonna make ube(purple yam) ice cream using the recipe u gave me for avocado. n yea.. our family eats ice cream during winter =) yummy!